I like to think I have gotten pretty good at avoiding accidental glutenings, and even better at identifying the source. Practice makes perfect you know. Shoot, by now I should be considered an expert celiac patient. If there was an Olympic biathlon event for avoiding gluten while cross country skiing, I would be a shoe-in for the gold medal.
So last week I managed to subdue a glutening of epic proportions after a long and protracted battle. And this after I ate all week long with extreme caution.
- No restaurants.
- No new foods.
- Always fanatically careful about cross contamination. I could give Monk a run for his money in that department.
- I definitely did not scarf down any Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Pop-Tarts, as much as I wanted to.
- Same toothpaste.
- Haven’t taken a shower in months. Ok just kidding on that one, but I did not use any new shampoo or soap.
- Same dental floss.
- No new morning food or drink routine.
- I didn’t load 50 pound sacks of flour as a part time side job.
- No wheat farming or anything (that I can remember.)
- No pizza parties.
I’m stumped. Any ideas?
I’d love to hear about the most perplexing gluten mysteries you have solved. One of my most interesting ones to date has been the Senseo coffee pod adventure. What’s yours?